The Recipe For Making Polish Pickle Soup.
You can make Polish Pickle Soup using 10 ingredients in 9 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Polish Pickle Soup
- Insert 700 g of chicken.
- Insert 1 tsp of salt.
- Fill 5 of bay leaves.
- Add 3 of carrots.
- Add 6-10 of peppercorns whole.
- Prepare 4-6 of allspice seeds whole or dash of allspice (if ground).
- Insert 3 of medium potatoes.
- Add 1 jar of pickles in brine.
- Fill 3 tbs of fresh dill.
- Prepare 3 tbs of flour + 1 cup of cold water.
Step By Step To Make Polish Pickle Soup
- Wash chicken parts and place in a medium pot with about 6-7 cups (1.5 quarts) of water. Add salt, bay leaves, carrots, pepper corns and allspice. Boil on medium to medium-low heat for about 20 min (until chicken falls off the bone)..
- In the meantime, peel potatoes and cube into medium size cubes. Shred pickles on the medium vegetable shredder, set aside. Cut up fresh dill..
- When chicken is done, remove from stock and take off the bone. Also remove carrots and slice..
- Add cubed potatoes to the stock and boil for about 10 min, or until soft..
- When potatoes are soft, return meat and carrots to the pot. Add shredded pickles..
- In a small bowl or cup combine cold water with flour, whisk well and add to the soup to thicken. Bring to boil and turn off..
- Finally, add chopped fresh dill..
- Pickles in brine can be found at almost any Polish grocery store in the US. If you can't find those, use your favorite dill pickle or dill deli pickles.
- Soup is done! Just add dill fresh dill and stir. Taste one last time. It should taste sour and savory. If you think it needs a little help, add a little bit of the pickle brine. Taste again. Feel free to add a pinch of salt, but be cautious, pickles have plenty of salt in them already, careful not to over-salt. Serve with bread..
That's how to make Polish Pickle Soup Recipe.