The Recipe For Making Steamed Mussels.
You can make Steamed Mussels using 7 ingredients in 8 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Steamed Mussels
- Fill 5 lbs of fresh mussels.
- Fill 1/2 cup of white wine (pinot grigio works the best).
- Mix 6 cloves of garlic.
- Mix 5-6 of shallots.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil/butter.
- Prepare of Red pepper flakes or crushed red peppers (for tasting or more if you like a little kick).
- Fill of Salt for tasting.
Step By Step To Make Steamed Mussels
- Wash the mussels under water.
- Finely slice the shallots and garlic.
- Heat up the butter/oil in a pan on med-high heat.
- When the butter is melted or the oil is heated up, put in the shallots and garlic. Cook them until it's fragrant..
- Put the mussels in with the wine. Stir to combine. You may need to lower the heat down to medium..
- Put a lid on top and let them steam for 5 mins. After 5 minutes, you should see the mussel shells opening up. Stir them a bit to mix it up..
- Put the lid back on and let them steam for about 2 mins and stir again. Do this until all the mussel shells are all open. The mussels are cooked when all their shells open up..
- Sprinkle the red pepper flakes on top and serve while hot..
That's how to make Steamed Mussels Recipe.