The Recipe For Making Southern Collard Greens.
You can make Southern Collard Greens using 10 ingredients in 5 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Southern Collard Greens
- Prepare 2-3 bunches of collard greens.
- Insert 6 pieces of bacon chopped.
- Fill 4 cloves of garlic diced.
- Mix 1/2 of a white or yellow onion chopped.
- Insert 3 C of chicken or vegetable stock.
- Mix 3 C of white vinegar.
- Insert 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbs of black pepper.
- Mix 1 of top cajun seasoning (optional).
- Mix 1 of shallot chopped (optional).
Quick Step To Make Southern Collard Greens
- Thoroughly wash the greens and devein each leaf (cut out the big middle vein). Then cross-cut the leaf into 1-2 strips..
- In a Dutch oven or deep boiling pot, fry up bacon till crisp. Add garlic, onion, and shallot during the last 5 minutes..
- Add chicken/vegetable stock, white vinegar, seasonings, and prepped collard greens. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat..
- Simmer collard greens for 40-45 minutes. You'll know when they're done when they are easy to eat but still chewy..
- Recommendations & Notes: Highly recommend serving with Tabasco or other fermented hot sauce of choice. Add other vegetables, we've done smoked corn, okra, and diced potatoes. This is also a crowd pleaser the day after cold..
That's how to make Southern Collard Greens Recipe.