The Recipe For Making Chitranna/ lemon rice. rice recipe or chitranna recipe from karnataka. spices and lemon juice. having said that, the chitranna rice can also be made with freshly cooked rice too. but extra precautions have to be taken. Chitranna is a type of fried recipe which is very widely prepared in Karnataka. Yes, making this amazingly delicious & refreshing lemon rice is very easy.
Lemon rice is a comfort food at many homes. Chitranna or lemon rice without onion is explained here with step by step pictures and video. This type of chitranna or lemon rice is in practice across malnad region of Karnataka. You can make Chitranna/ lemon rice using 19 ingredients in 6 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Chitranna/ lemon rice
- Add 1 cup of uncooked rice.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- Fill 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Insert 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Fill 1 of dry red chilly.
- Mix 1 tsp of udad dal.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of hing.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 5-6 of curry leaves.
- Prepare 1 of green chilly.
- Fill 1/2 tsp of Mustard powder.
- Add 1/2 cup of peanuts.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of roasted chana.
- Insert of Juice from 1/2 a lime.
- Prepare of Salt per taste.
- Insert of Garnish.
- Mix of Coconut.
- Add of Cilantro.
- Add of Cashews.
Lemon Rice also known as chitranna or nimmakaya pulihora is a crunchy, flavorful and tangy dish that is easy to make and tastes so good. Lemon juice, fried nuts, aromatic herbs and spices combine. Add this tempering to the cooked and cooled rice. Add salt, mustard powder and lemon juice.
Quick Step To Make Chitranna/ lemon rice
- Cook the rice with 1 and half cup water so it becomes fluffed and grains are non sticky..
- Heat oil in a kadhai. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds. Once they crackle add udad dal, hing, dry red chilly, curry leaves, green chillyand turmeric powder..
- Now add peanuts and roasted chana(dalia) to this. Roast the peanuts until crisp..
- Add this tempering to the cooked and cooled rice. Add salt, mustard powder and lemon juice. Mix well..
- Garnish with coconut, cilantro and cashews..
- Option to use grated raw mango instead of lemon. Enjoy this quick wholesome dish..
The Lemon Rice Recipe also known as Elumichai Sadam in Tamil or Chitranna in Karnataka is a rice that is packed with flavors from lemon, green chillies and curry leaves. To make chitranna, which translates to "mixed rice" in Kannada, bright yellow rice, colored Squeeze juice from lemon into chitranna. Lemon Rice also called chitranna is very popular South-Indian recipe that can be served for Cook the rice according to package instructions. If you are using left over rice ignore this step. Lemon Rice is a popular South Indian rice recipe. That's how to make Chitranna/ lemon rice Recipe.