The Recipe For Making Savory Sautéed Bitter Gourd with Tomatoes / Ampalaya.
You can make Savory Sautéed Bitter Gourd with Tomatoes / Ampalaya using 14 ingredients in 7 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Savory Sautéed Bitter Gourd with Tomatoes / Ampalaya
- Insert 1/2 of Bitter Gourd / Ampalaya / Bitter Melon, sliced.
- Mix 2-3 of small tomatoes (double if using the whole Gourd), sliced.
- Mix 2-3 tablespoons of minced beef or chopped pork.
- Mix 1/2 of small red onion, chopped.
- Prepare 3-4 of garlic cloves, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of beaten egg.
- Mix of Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Insert 1 tsp of patis (optional).
- Fill 1/4 of of a cube of pork or beef broth cube.
- Add 1/4 c of water or as needed.
- Add of Cooking oil.
- Prepare of For Soaking.
- Fill of Water to submerge the sliced gourd.
- Mix of Generous amount of salt.
Easy Way To Make Savory Sautéed Bitter Gourd with Tomatoes / Ampalaya
- TAMING THE GOURD'S BITTERNESS: Slice in C shapes and place in a container. Sprinkle salt over it generously. Leave on the counter for 30 minutes or more. Then squeeze lightly under running tap to remove the saltiness and bitterness. Place in another container with water while lightly rubbing with your fingers. Discard and fill it again with water. Do this 3 times..
- Leave the gourd soaking in water while you prep your other ingredients..
- Sauté onions then garlic in oil. Then sauté in your choice of meat (beef or pork, minced or chopped)..
- When meat has changed color, add in the chopped tomatoes. Dissolve the broth cube in 1/8c of water and add to the pan. Season with salt/patis, pepper, as desired. Cover and bring to a slight boil..
- Remove and lightly squeeze out liquid from the gourd then add to the pan. Don't mix yet, just cover a few minutes to cook the gourd..
- Beat an egg and pour around the pan. Mix slightly. If sauce is drying out you can add tablespoons of water. Mix, taste and adjust. Cover and let it simmer. For a crunchy gourd, don't simmer too long. For softer, leave longer..
- Serve as a side or veggie dish. Enjoy!.
That's how to make Savory Sautéed Bitter Gourd with Tomatoes / Ampalaya Recipe.