The Recipe For Making Chettinad potato curry.
You can make Chettinad potato curry using 24 ingredients in 5 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Chettinad potato curry
- Insert 200 gm of baby potato boiled.
- Insert 2 of tomatoes chopped.
- Fill 1 of medium onion.
- Mix 1 inch of ginger very finely chopped.
- Prepare 5-6 of garlic Cloves very finely chopped.
- Add leaves of Coriander.
- Insert leaves of Few curry.
- Fill 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Fill 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Insert as taste of Salt.
- Fill 3 tbsp of oil.
- Mix of For making ground masala.
- Fill 2 of whole dry red chilli.
- Add 1 tbsp of coriander seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fennel seeds.
- Fill 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Insert 1 tsp of poppy seeds.
- Add 1/2 tsp of yellow mustard seeds.
- Add 2 of green cardamom,.
- Add 1 inch of cinnamon,.
- Insert 2 of cloves.
- Mix 8-10 of pepper corn.
- Prepare 1 of star anise,.
- Add 3 tbsp of grated coconut.
Step By Step To Make Chettinad potato curry
- First take a pan heat it and dry roast all the whole spices for 1-2 minutes.then add grated coconut.roast 1 minutes or it turns aromatic turn off the flame.let it cool.
- Now take roasted spices in mixer jar and grind them.keep aside.
- Take a pan add 1 tbsp oil add a pinch of turmeric powder and little red chilli powder.mix it and add boiled potatoes and roast with the spices for 2-3 minutes.
- Take a kadhai add 2 tbsp oil heat it add onion saute until they turn light pink add garlic and ginger.saute a minute then add chopped tomatoes and turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt.mix well cover and cook on medium flame for 2-3 minutes.after the tomatoes turn soft add ground spices and two cups of water.cover mix well.cook it on low to medium flame for ten minutes.
- Now the gravy become thick in texture. add the potatoes mix with gravy.add chopped coriander leaves.cover and simmer for 10 minutes.turn off the flame..serve with chapati or rice..
That's how to make Chettinad potato curry Recipe.