The Recipe For Making Sausage Lentil Vegetable Soup.
You can make Sausage Lentil Vegetable Soup using 16 ingredients in 8 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Sausage Lentil Vegetable Soup
- Fill 10 cups of chicken broth (Better Than Bullion is a favorite!).
- Prepare 1-2 lbs of sausage (Dealers choice! I use pork, mild or hot.).
- Fill 1 of large chopped onion (Any type will work. Use your favorite.).
- Insert 3 stalks of chopped celery.
- Add 4 cloves of finely chopped garlic.
- Prepare 2 T of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 T of Herbs De Provence (Please try to find/use this herb combo!).
- Insert 8 oz of dried lentils (Your choice, any type.).
- Prepare 2 cups of diced fresh uncooked yams.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of fresh or frozen green peas.
- Insert 2 cups of frozen (4 cups of fresh) spinach.
- Mix 7 oz of can chopped green chilis (Mild or Hot).
- Insert 6 oz of can tomato paste.
- Prepare 3 T of apple cider vinegar.
- Mix 3 T of local/favorite honey.
- Mix of Salt/Pepper to taste.
Step By Step To Make Sausage Lentil Vegetable Soup
- In a large stock pot, prepare broth..
- Dice onions and celery. Mince garlic..
- In skillet, sweat the onions, celery, and garlic until the onions become slightly translucent. Add entire contents of skillet to stock pot..
- Prepare the sausage. If using links, consider taking the casings off. I do. Or, you can use loose sausage. Make small 2" meatballs and, using a large spoon, carefully drop into the boiling broth. Cook for 20 mins. on medium heat. The meat doesn't have to thoroughly cook, it just needs to firm up in the broth..
- Add the yams, peas, chili's, and Herbs De Provence. Cook for 30 mins..
- Add the lentils. Cook for 45 mins..
- Add the cider vinegar, honey, and spinach. After returning to a boil, cook for 20 min..
- If the soup has too many veggies, no harm in adding more broth. If too much broth for your taste, try adding carrots or purple potatoes. I like to serve with a warm, seedy, crusty bread..
That's how to make Sausage Lentil Vegetable Soup Recipe.