The Recipe For Making My beef stew.
You can make My beef stew using 16 ingredients in 4 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make My beef stew
- Insert 3 lbs of stewing beef (or boneless beef chuck in 1 1/2 pcs.
- Add 3 tsp of salt, divided.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground pepper.
- Fill 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Insert of Approx 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (may need a bit more).
- Insert 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped.
- Fill 3 of finely chopped sun dried tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, halved and sliced (I used Spanish onion).
- Add 1 1/2 lbs of yellow potatoes cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- Prepare 1 pound of carrots, cut into 2 inch pieces.
- Add 3/4 cup of red wine.
- Insert 1 1/2 cups of beef broth.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of worchester sauce.
- Mix 1 can of tomato paste (6 ozs).
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Mix 1 of large bay leaf or two small.
Step By Step To Make My beef stew
- Place beef in a large bowl and season with 2 tsp salt and the pepper. Add flour and toss to coat. Shake off the excess flour, putting the beef a in another bowl, reserving the excess flour as well.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once the oil is heated, cook 1/3 of the beef and cook until brown on all sides, about 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a 6 quart slow cooker. Continue cooking beef in batches (three batches total) adding oil as needed, transferring to slow cooker when done..
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan and reduce heat to medium heat. Add onion, chopped dried tomatoes and garlic to the pan. Cover with lid and cook on low medium heat about 8 minutes until soft. Add onion mix to the crock pot along with the potatoes and carrots. Add wine to the pan, increase the temperature to medium high heat, and bring the wine to just bubbling, scraping off any brown bits in the pan. Pour into the slow cooker..
- Whisk the tomato paste into the reserved flour. Whisk in the broth, worchester, thyme and remaining salt. Add the bay leaves, add this mixture to the slow cooker. Mix all ingredients well (I had to split the stew at this point between the slow cooker and the original flour bowl just to get it mixed properly). Add all back to slow cooker, cover, and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 7 1/2 hours. Enjoy!!.
That's how to make My beef stew Recipe.