The Recipe For Making Seared Scallops with Wine Cream Sauce on Wilted Spinach.
You can make Seared Scallops with Wine Cream Sauce on Wilted Spinach using 25 ingredients in 20 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Seared Scallops with Wine Cream Sauce on Wilted Spinach
- Fill of the wilted spinach.
- Insert 5 oz of baby spinach.
- Prepare 2 slices of bacon.
- Prepare 1 Tbs of butter.
- Mix 1 of garlic, minced.
- Mix 1 of small shallot, minced.
- Add 1/4 tsp of Kosher Salt.
- Insert a few of grinds of pepper.
- Fill of freshly grated nutmeg.
- Add 2 tsp of lime juice.
- Add of the cream sauce.
- Mix 3 Tbsp. of Butter divided into 2 Tbsp. and 1 Tbsp.
- Add 1 of small Shallot chopped.
- Add 1 of small Garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of grated Lemon peel.
- Prepare 4 oz of White Wine.
- Add 2 teaspoons of freeze-dried Parsley or about 1/2 tsp dried.
- Prepare 2 oz of heavy Cream or half & half.
- Fill 1 squeeze of half a Lemon.
- Add of salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix of the seared scallops.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Olive Oil.
- Insert 2 tsp of Butter.
- Insert of Salt and Pepper.
- Insert 8 oz of Sea Scallops.
Easy Way To Make Seared Scallops with Wine Cream Sauce on Wilted Spinach
- The wilted spinach.
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon until crisp, remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel. Then crumble. RESERVE 1/2 FOR THE SCALLOPS..
- Drain off most of the grease and add one Tbs butter..
- Add the shallots, garlic, salt, pepper, and nutmeg to the pan and gently saute until Shallots are translucent..
- Add the spinach and tossed umtil lightly wilted, then mix in 1/2 the bacon bits..
- Drizzle with lime juice and arrange on heated plates and keep warm as you prepare the sauce and scallops..
- The cream sauce.
- Saute the garlic and shallot in 2 Tbs butter for 2-3 minutes..
- Add the white wine, grated lemon peel, and parsley..
- Bring to a high simmer and cooked down by about 1/2 or more.
- While whisking, add the cream a little at time, then simmer down until lightly thickened..
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice, stir and taste for salt and pepper..
- Just before serving, whisk in the remaining butter and set keep warm as you prepare the scallops..
- The seared scallops.
- Thoroughly dry the Scallops, lightly season with salt and pepper. The scallops must be dry to sear properly..
- Add the oil to a 12 to 14-inch saute pan on medium high heat..
- Once the oil is quite hot add the butter and when melted, add the scallops.
- Sear the scallops for 2-3 minutes on each side. Cook less for thin ones..
- Remove, arrange on top of the Spinach, spoon the Sauce over all and sprinkle with remaining bacon bits..
- Serve with a good, dry White Wine. We prefer Chardonnay..
That's how to make Seared Scallops with Wine Cream Sauce on Wilted Spinach Recipe.